Find me on
Want the best getting ready photos for your wedding? Here’s how to ensure you’re giving your photographer the best canvas and timing to work with. My blog includes simple summaries of each point, but for even more details on making the most of your wedding morning photos, watch the Youtube video at the bottom of the post!
Have the Best Getting Ready Photos
1. Ensure your timeline is created from the photographer’s suggestion. Have a newbie photographer who doesn’t know how much time they need? Have them arrive an hour and a half before you get in your dress.
2. Choose a room with an abundance of windows or lots of natural light. Make sure the room isn’t too small so your photographer has space to choose good angles. If you can’t get a well-lit space, take your dress zip up photos outside, if possible, so you at least have those photos nicely lit.
3. Keep your room clean on the wedding day. Designate a maid of honor or bridesmaid to clean the room before the photographer arrives.
4. Gather your personal details in one spot before the photographer arrives. These details include anything you want photographed such as your shoes, stationery, jewelry, veil, dress, etc.
5. Gift your bridesmaids cute pajamas or robes to get ready in so the photos show them in cute outfits; or tell them to wear something in a specific color or style. This makes a huge difference in your photos.
6. Who will be in the photos helping you zip up your dress? Ensure they get into their dress before helping you into yours. This makes for the prettiest photos when the mom(s) and/or bridesmaids are dressed in their beautiful wedding attire instead of casual wear.
7. Wait to put on any jewelry or shoes until after your dress is on. The same rule applies to perfume – these moments are so sweet to capture in photos and look more elevated when you’re already in your wedding dress.
Watch My Video for More Details
Watch my video that has more thorough details on each point above and be sure to subscribe to my channel as I post weekly wedding advice and inspiration content!